Presbyterian Women’s Fall Gathering
Gathering Together, Rejoicing in Hope
August 28, 2021 / 9:30 a.m. – 2:00 p.m.
Montgomery Presbyterian Conference Center (Starke)
Map & Directions / Montgomery Center website
Our Presbyterian Women are excited to be gathering together on August 28. We have missed being together in person and rejoice in hope as we reunite. Registration fee is $20 before August 15, or $25 after that date. Click on the buttons below to go directly to the registration or payment pages (the buttons are also duplicated at the bottom of the page).
A note about COVID restrictions and Zoom availability
Because of the recent spike in COVID cases we are strongly encouraging participants to wear masks and practice all of the COVID safety protocols (social distancing when possible, using hand sanitizer, etc.). It is our hope that those attending in person will have been fully vaccinated to reduce the possibility of transmission.
Portions of the event will be available via Zoom for those who don’t feel comfortable attending in person. To participate via Zoom. There is no charge for Zoom participation but preregistration is required, using the Zoom Registration button above. Once you register, you will receive the Zoom login information. A reminder will be sent the evening before.
8:30 – 9:30 Registration / Continental Breakfast will be provided by St. Giles
9:30 – 11:00 Hymn Sing & Program with Rev. Julie Higbee – An offering will be collected for Florida Presbyterian Disaster Assistance Network and Montgomery Center
11:00 – 11:30 Business Meeting
11:30 – 12:30 Lunch
12:30 – 1:30 Workshops (see below)
1:30 – 2:00 Closing
Please bring your own empty tote bag!
- A – Conversation with Rev. Julie Higbee about the 2021 Bible Study: What My Grandmothers Taught Me
- B – Craft Projects – Make a bookmark, craft a gift box from recycled Christmas Cards and/or design a card
- C – Teen Challenge – Hear how this program is helping adults and young people get their life back on track
- D – Montgomery Property Tours – Montgomery Staff will lead tours to see the many improvements that have been made to the property
Teen Challenge – Teen Challenge can use donations of household supplies in their ministry such as:
- Paper products
- Cleaning Supplies
- Soap / Detergent
Florida Presbyterian Disaster Assistance Network Cleanup Buckets:
- 1 – 5-gallon bucket with resealable lid*
- 4 – scouring pads
- 7 – sponges, assorted sizes
- 1 – scrub brush
- 1 – pkg. cleaning towels (18 reusable, like Easy Wipes®)
- 1 – 50 oz. or two 25 oz. bottle(s) of liquid laundry detergent
- 1 – liquid concentrated household cleaner (like Lysol®), 12 oz.
- 1 – 1 pkg. clothespins, 48-50
- 1 – Clothesline, two 50 ft. or one 100 ft.
- 5 – dust masks
- 2 pair – heavy-duty, waterproof dishwashing gloves (latex-free, non-surgical)
- 1 pair – work gloves
- 1 – 24 to 28 count roll heavy-duty trash bags (30-45 gallon, remove from carton)
- 1 – bottle insect repellant (pump, drops or lotion; not aerosol), 6-9 oz.
Please purchase all liquids in plastic bottles. Send only new, unopened materials.
*Some local fast-food restaurants are willing to give pickle buckets (or other 5-gallon buckets with re-sealable lids) or offer them for a small fee. These can be washed out and used for the cleanup buckets.