Matthew 25 Initiative
At our Winter 2020 Stated Meeting, ruling and teaching elders took a step of faith to become a Matthew 25 presbytery. The following churches have registered to be Matthew 25 Congregations:
- Kirkwood Presbyterian Church in Jacksonville
- Palms Presbyterian Church in Jacksonville Beach
- Fort King Presbyterian Church in Ocala
- Memorial Presbyterian Church in St. Augustine
- Riverside Presbyterian Church in Jacksonville
- First Presbyterian Church in Crescent City
- St. Giles Presbyterian Church in Orange Park
- Community Presbyterian Church in Atlantic Beach
- Fort Caroline Presbyterian Church in Jacksonville
- South Jacksonville Presbyterian Church in Jacksonville
Will your church accept the invitation to join in this journey of faith? We are beginning to share the church’s stories of how they are actively engaged in their community. Read the Matthew 25 Moments using the button below.
Becoming a MATTHEW 25 congregation begins by embracing our Presbyterian belief that we are “saved to serve” those who need God and the radical love of Jesus. You begin by embracing ONE or more of these three focuses:
- Building congregational vitality
- Dismantling structural racism
- Eradicating systemic poverty
Matthew 25 – The church is not a building from Presbyterian Mission Agency on Vimeo.
Matthew 25 is an opportunity to rediscover, celebrate, and share the good work that we are doing and that God is calling us to do in our congregations and in our presbytery. Learn more about the Matthew 25 Initiative and how your congregation can participate.