PW 39th Annual Gathering – Search Me and Know Me, God
Saturday, January 28, 2023
8:30 a.m. to 2:30 p.m.
PDF Flyer (to register by mail)
The 39th Annual Gathering of the Presbyterian Women will be held on Saturday, January 28, at Montgomery Presbyterian Conference Center.
8:30 – 9:30 a.m. – Registration and Continental Breakfast
9:45 – 11:00 a.m. – Worship
11:15 a.m. – 12:00 p.m. – Business Meeting
12:00 – 12:45 p.m. – Lunch
1:00 – 2:15 p.m. Workshops
2:15 p.m. – Closing
Early Registration – by January 20 – $25.00
Late Registration – January 21, or later – $30.00
On-site Registration – $35.00
Registration for PW 39th Annual Gathering
- Moderator / Vice Moderator Training
- Treasurer Training
- Tai Chi – Walking Meditation led by Arden Brugger. No previous experience needed!
- Embodies Prayer – Prayerful Movements led by Jeanne Miller-Clark
- Make Protestant Prayer Beads led by Dorothy Marsh
The 2022-2023 PW Bible Study is Celebrating Sabbath Accepting God’s Gifts of Rest and Delight.
The Presbyterian Women website offers this description of the Bible study:
In the nine lessons of this Bible study—with passages from Genesis, Exodus, Deuteronomy, Isaiah, Matthew, Luke, and Acts—we’ll consider Sabbath
- as a celebration, not a day of dreary formality
- as God’s intent for all of creation that includes busy women too
- as one day of the week, perhaps a Sunday
- as a time to surrender unhealthy striving and frantic busyness, and instead trust that God will provide
- as a reminder that life is precious and working too much is against God’s plans for our precious lives
- as a day devoted to community and justice and not exclusively to self-care.
Ultimately, Sabbath reminds us to honor God who honors us by giving us a day each week to reset our pace, our priorities, and our lives.
Promotional Flyer for Celebrating Sabbath