Giving Tuesday 2021
We Are The Church Together!
Join the Presbytery of St. Augustine and the PCUSA on #givingtuesday2021, November 30, for a celebration of the collective power of Presbyterian generosity. We are excited to announce that all donations up to $1000 given to any of these five presbytery missions will be MATCHED dollar for dollar!
Our faith is re-energized when Presbyterians unite for a common and holy purpose: our common identity to do mission. On #Giving Tuesday, you can choose to direct your giving to any of the following presbytery missions:
- Presbytery of St. Augustine general fund – Support our congregations so that, together, we are a greater witness to the gospel of Jesus Christ. Your generosity enables us to continue to support congregations who are seeking pastoral leadership, provide training and resources for pastors and sessions, share the wonderful work of ministry that is happening across the presbytery through our Staying Connected newsletter and social media, and offer guidance and support where needed.
- Candidate’s Fund – Provide financial support to seminary students who are preparing for ministry as new pastors. These students are from churches in our presbytery and are nurtured and encouraged under our presbytery’s care!
- Highlands Regional Ministry Center – Support the healing and wellness ministries offered by the organizations housed at the Highlands Regional Ministry Center who reach out locally, regionally, nationally, and internationally. Here’s a sampling of the ways your financial support can help their ministry:
- Days for Girls distributed over 1,600 kits across the community, country, and globe;
- Gainesville Community Counseling Center provided over 7,000 hours of individual, couples, group, and family therapy sessions;
- Unspoken Treasure Society provided counseling and testing for over 350 LGBTQIA+ individuals and provided clothing and food for homeless individuals;
- UF Mobile Outreach provided over 1,200 residents with free medical care;
- 75 individuals continue their weekly recovery through our NA groups; and
- Coming in 2022 — expansion of services through our computer education program being developed and implemented to teach at-risk youth skills related to computers (programming, server maintenance, website design, programming)
- Montgomery Center – Provide scholarship support for underserved children attending Camp Montgomery so that they can experience God’s love.
- Mutual Mission – Support the mutual ministry in Jamaica and Cuba including medical and dental mission work and spiritual companionship with our Presbyterian siblings.
Join the Presbyterian Church (U.S.A.) on #Giving Tuesday, November 30 (12:00 – 8:00 pm ET), for an all-day, virtual celebration of the collective power of Presbyterian generosity, as we profess by our actions—and with our gifts—that we can accomplish far more together than any one of us can do alone. On #GivingTuesday, we invite you to join with Presbyterians from near and far for prayer and worship, fun with some familiar faces, and an unparalleled opportunity for your generosity to make a lasting impact around the country and around the world. Learn more about the PCUSA’s Giving Tuesday celebration as we celebrate that “We Are The Church … Together!”