Spring Meeting Highlights
May 2, 2023
It was a true joy to gather, both in-person and by Zoom, for our Presbytery Meeting hosted by Riverside Presbyterian Church! The entire staff at Riverside were very gracious and helpful in preparations for this meeting, and much gratitude goes to each of them. The Riverside staff even ordered up the perfect weather!
Worship started us off on the right note. Rev. Bryant Anderson delivered the message titled “How?”, hymns were sung with great enthusiasm and the Lord’s Supper was celebrated. During the worship time, our Jamaica Mission Team was commissioned for their upcoming work. Plus, Thornwell Home was presented with a check from a portion of the proceeds of the Lake Shore Presbyterian Church property sale.
Moderator Rev. Dr. Susan Rose guided the Presbytery through the agenda. Highlights included:
- Introductions of CRE Jesse Bozeman, Rev. Rachel McNeal and Rev. Emily Beghin
- Updates from the Lead Presbyter Search Committee and from the Disaster Relief Commission
- Praise and thanks from the Generosity Team for faithful pledges
- Filling vacancies on many committees by the Volunteer Management Team
- Reports from both the Montgomery Center and Presbyterian Women
- Upcoming plans by the Mission and Leadership Development Team
- Approval of all of the proposed amendments to the PC(USA) constitution
The meeting adjourned at 12:20 pm and a delightful lunch was served in Bittinger Hall. Many pleasant conversations were held around the tables. Please plan to participate in the next Meeting of Presbytery on October 3, 3023, at St. Giles Presbyterian Church.