Save the Date for PW Fall Gathering!
Saturday, August 27
The Fall Gathering of the Presbyterian Women will be held on Saturday, August 27 at Montgomery Presbyterian Conference Center. Watch for more details and registration forms coming soon!
The theme is Celebrating Sabbath Accepting God’s Gifts of Rest and Delight, which is the 2022-2023 PW Bible Study.
The Presbyterian Women website offers this description of the Bible study:
In the nine lessons of this Bible study—with passages from Genesis, Exodus, Deuteronomy, Isaiah, Matthew, Luke, and Acts—we’ll consider Sabbath
- as a celebration, not a day of dreary formality
- as God’s intent for all of creation that includes busy women too
- as one day of the week, perhaps a Sunday
- as a time to surrender unhealthy striving and frantic busyness, and instead trust that God will provide
- as a reminder that life is precious and working too much is against God’s plans for our precious lives
- as a day devoted to community and justice and not exclusively to self-care.
Ultimately, Sabbath reminds us to honor God who honors us by giving us a day each week to reset our pace, our priorities, and our lives.
Promotional Flyer for Celebrating Sabbath