PW Fall Gathering – Celebrating Sabbath
Accepting God’s Gifts of Rest and Delight
Saturday, August 27, 8:30 a.m. to 2:30 p.m.
PDF Flyer (to register by mail)
The Fall Gathering of the Presbyterian Women will be held on Saturday, August 27 at Montgomery Presbyterian Conference Center.
8:30 – 9:30 a.m. – Registration / Continental Breakfast
9:30 a.m. – 12:00 noon – Welcome, Taize worship, Program with Rev. Dr. Susan Rose, Memorial Presbyterian Church
12:00 – 12:45 p.m. – Lunch
1:00 – 1:55 p.m. – Workshops (see below for details)
2:00 p.m. – Closing, Taize prayer, evaluations
Early Registration – before August 8 – $20.00
Late Registration – August 9 or later – $25.00
Registration for PW Fall Gathering
- Tour of Camp Montgomery
- Walking the Labryinth with Rev. Amy Camp (participants asked to wear socks and use no canes or walkers)
- Yoga with Helene Hammer (please wear socks or soft shoes and bring your own Yoga mats and any blocks or straps)
- Ordinary Spiritual Practices: Vacuuming can be Holy! with Jerie Lukefahr
The theme of the 2022-2023 PW Bible Study is Celebrating Sabbath Accepting God’s Gifts of Rest and Delight.
The Presbyterian Women website offers this description of the Bible study:
In the nine lessons of this Bible study—with passages from Genesis, Exodus, Deuteronomy, Isaiah, Matthew, Luke, and Acts—we’ll consider Sabbath
- as a celebration, not a day of dreary formality
- as God’s intent for all of creation that includes busy women too
- as one day of the week, perhaps a Sunday
- as a time to surrender unhealthy striving and frantic busyness, and instead trust that God will provide
- as a reminder that life is precious and working too much is against God’s plans for our precious lives
- as a day devoted to community and justice and not exclusively to self-care.
Ultimately, Sabbath reminds us to honor God who honors us by giving us a day each week to reset our pace, our priorities, and our lives.
Promotional Flyer for Celebrating Sabbath